In the wake of the revised Weights and Dimensions Directive released on 11 July 2023 as part of the Green Freight Package, European Shippers’ Council is hosting a webinar to address critical questions raised by its members and stakeholders:
- Cross-border transport and harmonisation: How does cross-border transport with longer and heavier trucks foster harmonisation among Member States and ultimately contribute to enhanced transport efficiency?
- Nordic countries: The unique case of Nordic countries employing divergent weight and dimension standards might necessitate greater flexibility.
- Combined transport: The Revision of the Combined Transport Directive: open debate surrounds its implications for competitiveness and whether it will induce a reverse modal shift.
Please register your attendance by 26 January 2024.
10.30 Opening from the moderator
- Ms Aurora Garcia de Sandoval, DG MOVE, unit C1
- Ms Raluca Marian, General Delegate of the Permanent Delegation to the EU of IRU
- Mr Thomas Fabian, Commercial Vehicles Director at ACEA
- Mr Ralf-Charley Schultze, President UIRR