Ministers discussed preparations for the 12th World Trade Organization ministerial conference (CM12), which will take place in Geneva from 12 to 15 June 2022 against the backdrop of Russia’s aggression against Ukraine and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ministers expressed broad support for the Commission’s suggested line of action for the 12th ministerial conference, in particular regarding the possible outcomes, such as:
• a ministerial declaration on the WTO’s response to global trade challenges with reference to the reform of the organisation, dispute settlement, development, and the environment;
• a declaration on the WTO’s response to the pandemic and a decision on the waiver of trade-related aspects of intellectual property rights (TRIPS);
• decisions in support of food security, together with work programmes aimed at moving forward on the 13th ministerial conference on agriculture reform;
• the conclusion of the fisheries subsidies negotiations;
• the extension of the moratorium on e-commerce until CM13.
For more information, please see here.