On 1 June 2023, ministers responsible for transport met in Luxembourg to discuss a revised directive on driving licences and a revised directive aiming at facilitating the cross-border exchange of information on road-safety-related traffic offences. Ministers were also informed by the Presidency on the state of play of the transport components of the ‘Fit for 55’ package, namely
- the regulation on the use of renewable and low-carbon fuels in maritime transport (FuelEU maritime initiative);
- the regulation on the deployment of alternative fuels infrastructure (AFIR); and
- the regulation on ensuring a level playing field for sustainable air transport (ReFuelEU aviation initiative).
Further information was provided regarding the state of play of the following pending legislative proposals:
- the regulations on Singe European Sky 2+ (SES2+ package);
- the revision of the directive on the framework for the deployment of intelligent transport systems (ITS);
- the revision of the regulation on Union guidelines for the development of the trans-European transport network (TEN-T); and
- the directive on the Union-wide effect of certain driving disqualifications.