In Austria, as of 1 November 2021, everybody who has physical contact with other people in their workplace, being employees, owners or operators, are only allowed to access workplaces if:
– they have been tested (official certificate in German or English of an antigen-test not older than 24 hours, a PCR-test not older than 72 hours, or an official antibody proof not older than 90 days);
– they have recovered from SARS-CoV-2 virus (official recovery certificate in German or English not older than 180 days);
– they are vaccinated (official certificate in German or English of a second or third vaccination not older than 360 days for vaccines where two shots are necessary, or a second vaccination not older than 270 days or third vaccination not older than 360 days for vaccines where one shot is necessary. A previous infection and one or more vaccinations within 360 days are considered as valid vaccination as well).
Note that transport professionals (freight and passenger) are NOT excluded from this new requirement.
However, the following is not considered as “physical contacts”:
- a maximum of two physical contacts per day,
- contacts taking place outdoors,
- if each contact does not last more than 15 minutes (e.g. professional drivers).
Source: Austrian Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology