Shippers requested to join DTLF
The European Shippers’ Council is strongly encouraging shippers to join the Digital Transport and Logistics Forum in its second mandate starting in December this year. ESC is convinced that shippers, through their participation, can speed up digitisation of the supply chain and push forward the implementation of the recommendations drawn under the previous mandate of DTLF.
The prominent results of the first mandate of the DTLF include a significant contribution to the legislative proposal to impose the acceptance of the electronic freight documents in the exchange of information between businesses and between authorities and businesses.
Secondly, DTLF members drove the development of a concept of the corridor freight information systems, aimed to facilitate data sharing between all types of stakeholders in transport and logistics sector.
The objective of the second mandate, although not officially fixed yet, will be to put the legislative proposal into practice and to participate in the deployment of the corridor freight information systems.
For more information and to submit your application, please see the call for applications here. The deadline for applications is 26 October 2018.
For more information about the progress of the first mandate of DTLF, please see here ESC articles:
- EC proposal to oblige authorities to accept electronic documents, 8 October 2018
- Shippers improve supply chain with support from European Commission, 9 September 2018
- Progress of Digital Transport and Logistics Forum, 31 July 2018
- The “black box” opened by DTLF, 18 December 2017
- Stakeholders to Comment on Electronic Documents for Freight, 23 May 2017