Three clicks to profitable freight cases…
The European Shippers’ Council (ESC) guides users via three clicks towards sustainable and profitable freight cases.
The ESC became a partner in the first EU Portal for Freight Best Practices (BESTFACT). It was established at the request of the EU Commission (DG MOVE). Users can select cases of around 150 analysed and implemented freight solutions described in the clusters Urban freight, Co-modality/green logistics and E-freight. Most ESC members, cargo owners using all modes in global supply chains, expressed interest in co-modality cases.
Users can browse through a best practices database by selecting specific topics:
- Infrastructure and technology (freight consolidation; transshipment; implementation of low emission technologies, etc);
- Organisation and Cooperation (new forms of ownership; collaboration with partners and competitors, priorities on infrastructure, etc);
- Operations and Services (service quality and sustainability agreements/certification; innovative fleet management; e-commerce; last mile delivery, etc);
- Regulations and Policy (access rules and restrictions; environmental standards and policy; infrastructure financing/taxation, etc);
- Knowledge, Tools and Methods (monitoring and benchmarking of processes; data collection; modelling and forecasting, etc).
The BESTFACT event on synchro-modal best practices will be held in Rotterdam on October 8th to 9th and includes a visit to Maasvlakte II.